Spotify unveils "Loud & Clear", a guide to royalty payment
Spotify launched a new online resource called “Loud & Clear”. The goal is to increase transparency by sharing new data on the global streaming economy and breaking down the royalty system, the players and the process.
Loud & Clear offers:
- An interactive module showing revenue generated by artist catalogs over the last four years across recording and publishing on Spotify alone
- An interactive tool that puts streaming numbers into better context
- A snapshot of different groupings of artists on Spotify and how streaming has contributed to growing their fanbases
- A video that breaks down how the money flows from Spotify listeners to artists.
- A Q&A of the music economics questions we are most frequently asked by artists and the industry
“Questions and concerns about artist income from streaming have been around for over a decade, and in many ways, we feel we’ve been too quiet on the topic. Our aim with this site is to provide a valuable foundation for a constructive conversation. In sharing more information, we hope to answer questions and share useful resources about today’s streaming industry.”